Davidson Family Travels

Friday, May 18, 2007

Day Seven - Luanne's Interpretation

This is how you get married in Romania.... we think


Clearly Molly did not like the snack of the day.

We hate Minnie. She has runied all our pictures.

Some people have fun on pirate night...

...and some do not.


Today was a quiet day on the sea. Sort of like the last 4 days! The winds and seas had died down a bit, but the winds started up again, making it interesting on deck. I started out with a walk again today, the most challenging part being getting the door opened to Deck 4. After a night at Palo, the walking was a bit uninspired today. So, after a bit of breakfast from Topsiders, I returned to the room to see if M & M had opened their eyes yet. Shocker - they hadn’t, so I suggested they get their Disney butts out of bed so Ida could get busy with the room. Unwilling to wait for that to happen, I took my reading materials to Deck 9 where I found a lovely chaise with comfy cushion in the Quiet Cove, and took advantage of the beautiful blue water view, somewhat sheltered from the wind. Soon Molly found me and sat with me, waiting for the BBQ to commence. Soon the Mouse20 party started, which included a lovely synchronized swimming routine. Soon the BBQ was ready, which included steak, pork, and chicken cooked on the grills on Deck 9, and lots of other good things to eat. The smell alone was yummy enough to eat! Anyhow Molly saved my prime seat while I got food, then abandoned me for her new love, the Rainforest Room. Maribeth managed to pry herself out of bed long enough to join me.

After lunch, and tiring of the wind, we retreated back to the room. Our afternoon was punctuated by the treats brought by concierge, and Pirates Connie and Kumi stopping by with a bag of popcorn for tonight’s movie.

We stopped by Shutters to look at our pictures from yesterday, which were just as dumb as we thought they would be. An interesting side note was that the Donald Duck pictures we had tossed in the discard box mysteriously reappeared in the display. I guess we are just too pretty to be discarded!

Tonight was Pirate Night - if you are planning to ever cruise Disney, be sure to make space in your packing for something pirate-y (unless you have 2 twenty-something daughters who think you look dorky in your attempts to look pirate-y)! We went to dinner in Animator’s Palate, where Octavian helped us finish our outfits. Except Molly who hates fun. The highlight of the meal was tonight’s Sister Bicker #7 between M&M about whether Maribeth likes coconut or not. To prove the point, Maribeth stuffed her entire half banana coated in coconut in her mouth. Still wondering why we were seated at a table by ourselves?

There was another meeting for the mystery thing. The bad news is that we still don’t understand. The good news is that it is over tomorrow. I don’t think we will understand it then either.

Maribeth saw the movie that was tonight’s major entertainment - “Meet the Robinsons.” When I asked her for a review, her response was “You wouldn’t like it.” Hope that helps those of you who are reading.

I played Bingo for the first time this cruise. Instead of a pack of cards, now you have only one card for all the games. No matter - I won nothing.

The Pirate Party was held tonight. The wind being what it is, I don’t think Captain Hook has any chance of taking over the ship.

The only other thing to report is our attempt at a decent picture with the characters - at least we are consistent. Tonight Minnie decided to lay on the floor. Maybe I should have instead.

Molly
High: Rainforest Room
Low: Anything after 5:30 pm, AKA Pirate Night

Maribeth
High: Stuffing a banana in my mouth
Low: Having to do the scrappy tonight instead of going to sleep

Luanne:
High: Seeing Kumi and Connie at the door in their pirate decorations
Low: The inability to get a decent photograph with Mickey

6 Comments:

At May 18, 2007 at 6:26 PM , Blogger ThreeCircles said...

Happy to hear that the seas and wind calmed down at least for a bit!

The ThreeCircles.net Fools are hoping for somewhat calmer seas and clear, sunny skies in August!

 
At May 18, 2007 at 6:28 PM , Blogger Marilyn said...

Best pics yet, love the emotion filled faces! is Sam cruising in a month?! doing any writing other than the blog? or will this become a manuscript? my high- MB's marital pic, my low- no princess pictures

 
At May 18, 2007 at 6:52 PM , Blogger Steve said...

NO Bickering Molly and MB. That is the rule.

 
At May 19, 2007 at 3:37 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog is the first things I check now in the morning. You all are wonderful. Love your sense of humor. Just remember, for every Sister Bicker, you go down one level of cabin category on your next cruise HAHAHA.

Keep em coming... A week from today, I'll be on the ship!

Deb Wills - Blogging my way thru the Med: http://allearsnet.com/blogs/debwills

 
At May 19, 2007 at 5:10 AM , Blogger PURTYPAT1 said...

I also look "forward" eveyday to reading your blogging and so...loving your photos.

You & your sister remind me of my sister & myself bickering. LOL

Keep the reports coming

Patricia

 
At May 19, 2007 at 6:57 AM , Blogger Pam in Moncton said...

Just want to say I am enjoying your takes on the cruise so much! My family and I will be taking a Med cruise this summer (not Disney though) and I am trying to convince them they should write about it as you are doing. No luck so far! I got your blog address through Den Will's site. I have 3 adult/teen daughters and some sister-bickering is probably to be expected from them too! Have fun on the rest of your cruise (you too, MB!)
Pam

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home