Davidson Family Travels

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Day Two

I just want to preface this by saying that Catch and Release is one of the worst films ever made.

Now that I got that over with, on to Day Two of the cruise.

We woke up at some point that no one can remember. We then ate breakfast and got off the ship at 8:30. There our fun-filled day at Castaway Cay began.

We started walking to the adult beach. As we passed the tram stop, Mom got the idea of MB waiting to ride the tram to see if it was faster than walking. Of course the tram was faster than walking the 26 miles to the adult beach. There weren’t even any available hammocks (the reason for going to the adult beach).

Maribeth and I slept for a few hours until the lunch joint opened. We had hot dogs and fruit and banana bread and cookies and ice cream and sodas. Afterwards, we rented bikes and rode around. Somehow I ended up with a bike for small people. I liked it because I felt like a giant. The bike ride lasted for 1 mile according to my mother, but a few dozen in my opinion.

We got back on the boat and ate random snacks. We received goodies from many different people. The concierge team (Kumi from Japan and Connie from Hong Kong) brought by copies of the menus for each night and a bag of popcorn. Our disboards friends gave us some gummis, a bag of useful things that you don't always bring (paperclips, safety pins, etc.), bookmark, a mouse pad, and a handmade foam door hanger. Also, tonight there was a Disney Transatlantic book left on our bed.

Today at lunch, I walked over and saw Mom talking to two strangers. Apparently these were her dining companions on the Panama Canal. I am 90% sure that I saw Ed Asner tonight on Deck 5. Tonight we went around and gave out our disboards presents (GooGoos). We each got two decks for a total of a little over 100. It was a grand ole time.

Highs and Lows

Molly
High: Napping on the beach.
Low: Blogging and watching Catch and Release

Maribeth
High: Connie and Kumi visiting our door
Low: All the people in their bathing suits

Luanne
High: The bike ride
Low: All the sand in my shoes

We’ve now been at sea for five hours and have around 150 more of them. Wish us luck!

1 Comments:

At May 14, 2007 at 3:22 PM , Blogger morgan! said...

What is a GooGoo?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home