Davidson Family Travels

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Only Day 4


We at least look like we love each other.


I look a little more Asian than Kumi here.


MB pouring her berry tea thing.


I am the only one who graduated from etiquitte school, clearly.

It just took me twenty minutes for blogger to finally let me log on, so you all better appreciate this post.

So today was another glorious Sea Day. Two of six. Six sea days. I think we all might be getting close to wondering “What were we thinking?”.

We woke up at 9, which is a relatively reasonable hour considering the past few days. Mother and I went and ate a little breakfast at Topsiders. We brought grapes to the bedridden Maribeth, because she was too weak to get out of bed. I may be confusing weak with lazy.

At 10:30, we had a concierge reception to attend. I ate chocolate covered strawberries, and MB and Mom ate some food with a little more substance than that. We hung around not really knowing what we were supposed to be doing. Kumi came over and chatted, and we took a picture with the obligatory “peace sign pose”.

At 11:00, there was a meeting in the Walt Disney Theatre for the beginning of a Whodunit mystery game. Mother and I asked MB if she would like to attend. Her response was “No, I can’t go. I hate fun.” We went, got notepads, and have no idea what we are supposed to be doing for that.

Afterwards, we all went our separate ways to waste time while the room steward cleaned our room. MB and Mom went to Deck 9 by the Cove Café. I visited them, but it was far too chilly for me and I whine way too much. I wandered around and checked my email and eventually ran back into mother. She asked if I wanted to go to Topsiders and eat some lunch. I can’t say no to food, so I happily obliged. It was Asian-themed. I ate some sushi, even though mother wouldn’t.

After eating, she realized that she had already eaten. It was an interesting time.

We then went and all napped and lazed around for a few hours. We then had high tea at Palo’s at 3pm. Of course we all had different teas. Mine was chamomile something, Mother had lemon something, and MB had something full of berries. We ate cucumber and sour cream sandwiches, cucumber and salmon sandwiches, curried chicken sandwiches, and Norwegian prawn sandwiches. There were also scones with a variety of spreads and a dessert tray. All I really remember from that is that we had butterfly cakes and éclairs and some other stuff. We went back to our room and passed out from sugar comas.

We woke up in time for dinner at Animator’s Palate. We ate some food. It’s MB’s least favorite restaurant, but Mother and I enjoyed it. We all snuck out so we wouldn’t have to see the show.

I’ll give you a breakdown of today by the numbers:
Chocolate covered strawberries Molly ate: 10
Times MB went to get ice cream: 5
Finger sandwiches eaten total: 17
Wave height in feet: 13
Hours spent at sea so far: 50

And last, but most certainly not least:

Molly
High: Chocolate covered strawberries
Low: How cold it was all day

Maribeth
High: Picture with Kumi
Low: Animator’s Palate

Mother
High: Receiving a Magical Moment certificate
Low: Being so sleepy this morning

6 Comments:

At May 15, 2007 at 6:36 PM , Blogger Cindy D. said...

I see a theme with Molly's highs each day - chocolate covered strawberries! Hope the seas become calmer for the rest of the way across.

 
At May 15, 2007 at 7:10 PM , Blogger Steve said...

Thanks for the update. Love ya'll.

 
At May 16, 2007 at 1:31 AM , Blogger scottishwee35 said...

I enjoyed read your story and pictures. Cannot wait to read it today.

Scottishwee35

 
At May 16, 2007 at 6:51 AM , Blogger MJGirl said...

Great blog! Love reading all the fun you are having, especially the Chocolate Covered Strawberries. Can't wait until 7/7/7 when I too will be imbibing (SP) in my own CCS :)

 
At May 16, 2007 at 12:04 PM , Blogger Jason said...

OMG! This trip report is SO funny!!!

All the "Fools" are still following over at www.ThreeCircles.net!

 
At May 21, 2007 at 5:29 PM , Blogger eileenami said...

You guys are hysterical!!! I saw the link to your blog over on threecircles.net, and am now enjoying it immensely. Can't wait until 8/18!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home